Have Fun Going Solo

 

LANY live in Jakarta 2019
Photo by Me<3



    Have you ever attended a concert or gig by yourself? This might sound a little bit terrifying for some people. The thought of singing and dancing alone can be a bit awkward though. I asked my friends through Instagram’s polling and the result is surprising for me. Most of my friends (or at least my followers) ever went to a concert by themselves. They also said that going solo for once is not that bad.


    I don’t exactly remember when is the first time I went solo in a concert. I think it was at 'We The Fest' Festival. I don’t have many friends who have similar music tastes to mine. Most of them like k-pop or mainstream musicians, while I enjoy more some indie bands. That’s why it’s so hard for me to find a concert partner. I remember staying until late at night, dancing to my favorite tunes and going home by myself hahaha. One of the best day that I can't wait to experience it again.


    The best thing about going solo? I can give zero sh*t about everything. Sometimes when I went with my friends, they tend to stay in the back and watch the concert from there. Since I pay some bucks for this, I like to stay as close as possible with the stage, so I can see the performers clearly:)) When I’m alone, I can absolutely do this and enjoy the show to the fullest.


Here are some tips that might be useful for newbie-solo-concert-goers:

  1. Make sure you know how to get to the venue and how to go home from there. It’s important! Especially if you live in a tricky city like Jakarta.
  2. Memorize the songs. It will help when you suddenly feel awkward and (ahem) lonely. You can just sing along with the songs and forget about your surroundings.
  3. If possible: bring your camera. This helped me a lot to not feel alone. On the plus side, you can snap some high-quality pics of your fave musician. If it’s too burdensome, you can just use your phone to take pictures of the crowds and the ambiance while your favorite band isn’t playing yet.
  4. But don’t play with your phone too much (especially during the show). Be present and enjoy it like there's no tomorrow;)
  5. Make new friends. It's the perfect place to meet people who also like similar music like yours!
  6. And the most important thing: have fun to the fullest!

    See you tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts