New Year's Rage and Heartbreak

  

https://www.instagram.com/coldplay/


  Happy New Year 2024!

Is this the right time for 'New Year, New Me' shit? Lol

Hopefully, this year will be much brighter and merrier!


    How is everyone doing now? 

We are officially 14 days away from all the fireworks and NYE excitement. Some of us might already unlocked some new endeavors, the others might still stuck like last year. Well, sadly I'm the last one.

    It's officially 9 days until Coldplay's concert in SG and I still have no sign to go. I guess this is going to be the very first time I have to let go of something big in 2024. Truthfully, I'm beyond devastated right now. Coldplay has been a huge part of my life. Their songs accompanied me during the hard and happy times. I basically grew up listening to their tunes. Even their songs always be part of my Spotify Wrapped. So it's natural if one of my biggest dreams is to experience their live performance at least once in my life. But when everything comes closer and clearer, suddenly there's one thing that stops me from realizing my dream. The last few weeks were the hardest for me. This might sound exaggerated, but I can't really function properly. How can you let go of your dream easily? No one ever gave me a tutorial for that.

    For some people who never get the hype of going to their favorite band's concert, this might be nothing. What is so important about it anyway? You spend a heap of money to watch them play for a few hours. Then what? But for someone who genuinely loves their music and work, I need to experience it in real life. To feel the joy, to sing my lungs out, to feel the emotion pouring out from myself, to feel the energy in the stadium with all of the people, to touch the confetti (and bring some of them, so I can stick them on my notebook), to feel happiness again after months of zombie-ing, to actually feel alive. Now it’s gone. No hope.

    In the spirit of the new year, I hope this is the last time I have to face another dream that fades away. Hopefully, there won't be dreams and hopes that I need to sacrifice (because of my own stupidity). I  need to work harder on a new page of my life😊. Just like what The Smiths once said: Please Please Please let me get what I want this time (for real!). Let's welcome the new year and days with a new positive spirit 🙏!!

See you tomorrow~

 

Comments

Popular Posts