Ain't it Fun (to be an adult) ?

 [From My Vault: September 2022]

    Paramore was a huge part of my life during my junior and senior high school era. Their songs never left my playlist. I think I loved them more when they took part in Twilight's soundtrack lol. Don't blame me, it was natural for many young girls back then to be obsessed with vampires and werewolves.

    I've been religiously singing, dancing, or even jumping to their songs, but I never really understand what their songs are all about. All I know that most of their songs are sound angry and they perfectly align with my feelings. Until recently I was at my lowest point and my playlist suddenly shuffled to 'Ain't it Fun'. I was standing on the train ride and about to cry when Hailey sang these lyrics:

Ain't it fun living in the real world

Ain't it good being all alone

I chuckled. These lyrics can't be more true. As I listened more to the song, I realized that the whole song perfectly describes how adulting feels like. 

So what are you gonna do when the world don't orbit around you?

So what are you gonna do when nobody wants to fool with you?

Sh*t, why has no one told me that being an adult is a lonely game?? Every decision, every step, every choice leads us to a different outcome. But no one exactly told us what to do, until we make mistakes and figure out the answers by ourselves. It's like forever walking on eggshells.

Don't go crying to your Mama

'Cause you're on your own in a real world

Comments

Popular Posts